Sunday, April 12, 2009

Things that Eat my Time

In my quest to find a job, I have become increasingly aware of things that eat up my time. Every day I check job listings on Craigslist, CareerBuilder, SimplyHired,and Indeed.com. I also check the websites for several local employers. I also get email from family and friends, but thankfully I get few forwards or spam -Thank You, GMail!.
I used to subscribe to the NY Times during the week, and the Chicago Tribune on Sunday. Now I read the NYT on Google Reader, along with several( ok, many) other blogs. Thanks to RSS feeds, I am in touch with news everywhere. Oh, and I check in daily with the Chicago Tribune website, CNN online, and sometimes FOX and MSNBC.
But it is my Google Reader which takes up so much time, as the NY Times has so many great articles. Many of the Opinion pieces have comments to read, as do many of the blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment