Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Weekly Job Hunt

Another slow week for help wanted ads! I answered one local ad for "general office work" in my area, and also answered an ad on Craigslist for a "receptionist in a holistic medical practice".
I also made some more changes to my cover letter. A brand new book, 10 Strategies for Reentering the Workforce, by Mary Ghilani, has this to say about gaps in employment history. "Generally, employers like to see a pattern of job stability and progression within your career. The best advice is to address an employer's potential concerns right up front in the cover letter. Indicate that you interrupted your career to raise your children, but that now you are in a position to resume your career." Good advice, and I have adapted my cover letter template accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment