Sunday, July 26, 2009

FINALLY!!

I finally got a job! It is in the field of merchandising, and will involve going to three different local grocery stores, and stocking specific items, making sure more items are ordered, etc. It will only be for about 10 hours a week, but at least I can build some work experience, and be able to get references. I am excited! I will continue looking for part-time work for the afternoons, as well.

I was beginning to get so discouraged, with so few responses to my applications. I could not even seem to get interviews. Especially disheartening to me were the attitudes of the doctor's offices where I applied for work. I have a certificate in medical billing, have run my own business, and also currently volunteer at a local hospital, as a receptionist. Despite this fact, one doctor told me that she was hiring someone with more experience ( for a file clerk job). Another doctor had an opening for a receptionist. I called to check on the opening, and was told that he had written on my resume: "No experience". It was also discouraging to apply to so many local firms, and not get any response. One would think that being local would help. A local grocery chain ignored my application completely. Then there was Home Depot, where I spent a good bit of time on the online application. When I went into the store to follow up, I was told that all positions had been filled months ago.
I am so relieved that I will be employed!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I just read you previous post and am so glad you got the job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete